Friday, November 21

Dear Mother Project

I came across this blog tonight while researching gifts to make and share. I found this touching and wonderful so I decided to participate. The wonderful part is that if you participate in the project this husband will send you a copy of the book he is putting together for his wife from all the letters. Click the link on the words "this blog" and it will take you to the blog site to see more detail and if you participate, please send us your letter either via email (jeanbieb@gmail.com) or in the comments, and we'll share them.

Here is my letter...




Dear Mother,

Joy is felt so often in life, sometimes in the moments, sometimes in the memory. Joy, at the core is an emotion. It is something you experience, it is a feeling, it is radiant.
But joy can also be held. I cradled joy the first time I held my newborn daughter. I embraced joy when I welcomed my second daughter. I carassed joy when I was presented my son. I enveloped joy when I nursed my youngest daughter. Joy, being fleeting when just felt, is at its purest when it's without the constraints of expectation. The tangible joy, the joy that is not just felt by emotion but felt by one's heart, ones hand, ones lips...that is the joy of motherhood.

Looking for the joy in life is what gives direction to your heart, breathes life into your soul, centers your mind and calms your spirit. Sometimes you must look deeper than you want, often it will require looking beyond the negative to see the joy. The point is to keep looking. Do not be afraid of the search. Keep your heart open and your arms ready, joy will come to you. And you, Dear Mother, will hold joy again and breathe in its scent and relish its feel and find that your heart is overflowing.

Sincerely,
Donna B. (aka Jean 1)




0 Commenting on your genius-ness: